Wednesday, January 16, 2013

October 2012

In October we: carved jack-o-lanterns, had a field trip, went to the park, played games, had oral surgery, and had lots of fun.
Seth managed to break my glasses by jumping on me and knocking them off my face and landing on them. Luckily, I had a back up pair.
One day cousins, Rachel and Matthew, came to visit. Rachel and Seth enjoyed watching a movie together.
Matthew enjoyed our super hero cape and mask.
Joslyn loves her Curious George stuffed monkey.
One night we decided to have a glow in the dark bath. We filled up the tub and them brought in our glow sticks and turned out the lights. The kids really liked it.
Seth playing on the couch
We love Nutella at our house. The kids love to eat it by the spoonful.
One night for dinner I tried making spinach-basil pasta. It was delicious but I need to roll it out thinner next time.
I love decorating for holidays. Here are some of my Halloween decorations.
Seth made a ramp for his balls and cars.
My kids love to play with balloons. Its a cheap way to keep them entertained.
When Joss is concentrating hard she sticks her tongue out.
Such a sweet smile.
When the weather FINALLY cooled off during the day, I took the kids to the park to run around and have fun with some friends.
Double digger
Coleton and Ashlynn came over and had a tea party with Joss.
I was so excited when Cinderella came out of DVD because it is my favorite Disney movie. I wanted to share it with my kids. Unfortunately when I purchased it I didn't look closely enough and bought the Spanish version instead. When I took it back I paid much closer attention to what I was grabbing.
Patrick and I went to the temple and I took this picture.
I love making bread. Patrick doesn't like when I make wheat bread, he prefers white, but when I do make it, the smell takes me back to when I was little and we would make bread.
One night, Seth was so tired that he fell asleep in my lap while playing with his blocks.
My mom made us a fun Halloween game. You roll the dice and if its the right number you put the clothes pin leg on the body. Whoever gets all eight legs first wins. Joss loved playing this game all month long.
Joslyn's preschool took a field trip to the Great Arizona Puppet Theater. The kids loved it. Especially the Eight little Ghosties Jumping on the Bed song.
A few months ago I had a baby tooth that broke taken out. In October, they were ready to put in the implant. It was more painful than I was anticipating, but I think that may have been because I wasn't resting like I should have been. For about a week, ice packs and pain meds were my best buds.
One of my favorite purchases lately is a faux leather pencil skirt. I love it!
Sweet Joslyn
I got the kids some Halloween puzzles from the dollar spot and Target. They loved them.
For our pack's pack meeting in October, they had a service project. They made Christmas cards and candy bags for deployed seamen. The boys really got into it.
Every once in a while I decide that I need flowers, so I buy myself some. My favorite are tulips.
Every year we have a Wilkins Family Halloween Party. The kids love getting to show off their costumes to their cousins. Here is Matthew as the GI Joe type guy.
Joslyn was a good witch
Emmalin was a bee.
Carrigan was a vampiress.
Rachel was Hannah Montana.
My Dad was creepy with his undertakers hat.
Not sure why, but Raef ran around with panty hose on his face.
Matthew, Emmalin, Rachel and Joslyn
Ashlynn (She-Devil) and Hailey (garden fairy)
Kade as Iron Man.
Amberly was a gypsy.
Coleton was batman.
Gage was a football player.
Seth was a very sad vampire. He HATED his costume. He did okay with it as long as we didn't put his cape on. He cried anytime we put his shirt and vest on.
My mom was an FBI agent.
While Seth hated his costume, he LOVED trick-or-treating. He walked around giggling when we went.
A nice Sunday afternoon
We made spider puppets with Seth's playgroup.
They also colored little pumpkins.
Joss looks like she is enjoying the guts from our pumpkin.
but she really thought it was gross and refused to touch it.
Here are the Jack-o-lanterns that we carved.
One day Joss was taking a little too long in the bathroom, so I went in to see what she was doing. I saw this on the floor and asked her what she was doing. She told me she was making a cake.
On Halloween, Joslyn's preschool had a party. I got to help with the craft activity and it was so fun getting to meet all the kids and see who Joslyn's new friends are.
While Joss and Seth liked trick-or-treating, you liked passing out the candy much more.

No comments: